People write to me and ask me this question. But I am not a medical expert. The only person who can diagnose autism is a doctor, likely a developmental pediatrician. However, there are resources online you can use to help you decide whether or not to consult your doctor. Here are some:
These were designed by the Autism Research Center at the University of Cambridge.
1. An online screening for toddlers via Healthism.
2. An online screening for primary school aged children.
3. An online screening for teenagers. This is for use in kids aged 12-15.
4. First Signs – This site is great for parents of very young children and contains the M-CHAT, a quick screening you can take to your doctor.
5. So You’re Wondering If Your Child Might Be Autistic – my own post regarding warning signs of autism in young children.
5,306 total views, 2 views today